Thursday, January 15, 2009

The year that was 2008


I love to review the year. It is great fun going through the photos taken, reading the calendar and reviewing my blog to put the memories of the year together. Since 2003 I have done this on a layout. I enjoy recording the events in our lives, along with Australian and world news events.

Kaiser have made these great albums that are 6x6 inches and have the year on them, so I had a ball reviewing 2008 and putting it all in this special album.

Materials:
Kaiser album
Kaiser ‘What a HOOT’ papers
Making Memories ‘celery’ paint
Hambly transparency.
Cardstock
Book rings
Ribbon
2 Crafty chipboard tree
7 Gypsies ‘memories’ sticker sheet.


Preparation:
Paint the edges of the album celery green.
Stamp over the numerals using a large background stamp.
Please click on the photos for a larger view.Journaling ideas
In the album I have used 3 types of journaling - Our family overview of the year, personal overview of Max, Darren and I over the year and world and Australian news.Our family overview of the year
The busy year, the year that flew by, I think I blinked and I missed it!
We attended 2 weddings, many children’s birthdays, a 30th, IDOL parties, a demolition party and spent many weekends BBQing and catching up with friends.
Kirsten ended her tour of Sydney and returned to England on the 6th Jan., I really missed our house guest and wished we lived closer to each other. Summer was spent in the pool, when we could as it seemed the drought broke in February as there was a lot of rainfall.
Darren worked his 5th year at MIDAS concord and had to work way too hard. He did lots of gas conversions and baby seats, Dave was sacked and Daz put on an apprentice. I worked 4 days at Bonnyrigg public school. My wonderful 1/2H were beautiful children, it was a great year in the classroom. I cherished Thursdays each week, shopping, taking Max to swimming lessons and ironing/cleaning. Max spent two days a week with my mum and two days with Linda. He had a ball everyday. We also lost our dogs, Pebbles to an eye tumor in August and Bronte in November to a brain tumor. They were both 9 years old. We continued the journey of trying to fall pregnant! Cheers to 2008….the year that was!
Here is my personal overview
Toured Sydney with Kirsten.
Renovated the scrap/computer room.
Taught the wonderful 1/2H.
Went away on 2 scrapbook weekends
Had day surgery.
Attended 2 photography classes.
Had a few girls nights out.
Turned 32.
Still obsessed by scrapbooking.
Got a GHD.
Loved walking with Jelena
Had acupuncture.
Loved watching reality TV.
Saw Mamma Mia in Gold Class.
Got a Pandora bracelet.
Joined “Slice of Life”.
Loved blog surfing and my forum friends.

the world and at home….
Kevin Rudd said SORRY to the Aboriginal people.
Thousands of pilgrims came to Sydney to meet the pope

economic crisis - HIGH interests rates

we lost Heath Ledger, Kerryn McCann and Jane McGrath

the Olympics in China rocked - Aussies won 17 GOLD.
Michael Phelps- 8 Gold Medals at one Olympics.

Obama WINS!!!!!!

Underbelly A hit for channel 9

Pregnant man.

Hollywood writers strikeNicole Kidman and Keith Urban had a baby girl.

Bart Cummings won a 12th Melbourne cup

These albums also come in 2009, so grab one today and start preparing ahead too.

2 comments:

Sarah Whitton said...

This is such a good idea. I wasn't too fussed with doing one of these 2008 albums before, but now thanks to this post its on my to-do list! I also like the idea of using the stamps over the numbers, gives it an edge rather than the plain look.

An excellent idea for events that happen during the year, in your own live and in the world. Will be doing this one for sure!

Hope to see you in one of scraploot's classes one time :)

Sarah

Kylie said...

Brilliant Album Belinda!!
What an awesome idea to look back on......It's all those little things that we tend to forget.....Love the whole thing...well done!!