Sunday, January 4, 2009

A very happy new year to you all!!

Wowee can you believe that's another year gone?.....and in true fashion I'm yet to scrap even half of my photo's!!

But I have had the scrapping bug lately which has brought me back to using paint on my layouts & I'd just like to share a few tips & techniques with you all.

A few different ways to use paint on your layouts.........
On this first layout I have used my Making memories foam stamps which have been one of my favourite stamps to use over the years. I like to use a paint brush to apply the paint to my stamps as this gives a nice even coat when stamping. I drew a 3inch circle underneath my photo & worked my way around it using the same stamp & applying paint each time I stamped. I used this pattern as a Matt for my photo. I highlighted some of the stamped images using a white gel marker around the edges.
I also used Making memories paint which Sue & Craig have a wonder range of colours in the shop.

Another way to use paint on your lo is to grab a dry brush & dab it in your paint, now on a spare piece of paper dab it a few times to use any excess up as you just want a light effect, now using long straight swipes work around the edges of your page to create a border. I find using this technique helps to draw your page together & helps highlight your main stamping.

This is another page I have been working on with paint & it was a little hard to photograph but I have cut a triangle shape out of my Sassafras pattern paper & using the dry brush & paint technique I created a frame around the triangle edge before I placed some coordinating paper underneath.I then trimmed the triangle and using GD pop up dots placed the triangle back in creating a border for my journaling.

I've also used paint underneath this stamped image on a transparency to give a clearer view of it on the busy pattern paper.

Well I'm hoping some of you may find these techniques useful & Id love to see what you may come up with if you upload them into our Scraploot gallery .

I'd just like to wish you all a safe & creative New Year & may all your dreams be embellished ones!!
Until next time
Kylie :)


1 comment:

Kim said...

thanks Kylie, will have to pull out my paints now