Sunday, May 3, 2009

Using your scraps

So I don't know about you, but I have a load of scraps hanging around my Scraproom so today I wanted to show you a layout based entirely on scraps.
I keep all of my scraps sorted out by manufacturer in a concertina file as pictured here, I like to scrap by manufacturer and this makes it easier instead of sorting through everything I can just open it up and pull out everything in the one file,



So for this layout I have used up some Cosmo Cricket, Scraploot has a wide range available in the shop ;) on this Layout I have used 4 of the Cosmo lines from memory, they just seemed to co-ordinate so well, and for those of you who don't know me, I am inlove with anything Cosmo Cricket!! =)


OK what you need to d is pull out all of the scraps you plan on using for your layout and get started. What you will find is that you will have a mix of both larger and smaller pieces in your scrap piles, for this design on my layout I didn't have to trim much up, I utilised the scraps and sizes that I had. This is a very simple design that can be change around with to suit any themed page.


I have also used the papers to create a simple embellishment for my layout, and went through my stash of letters for the title



and here is the finished product.

Other ways to use up your stash is to cut out design elements such as flowers, leaves, stars ........ and use those to embellish your layout. Here is another sample of a layout I made using scraps only, here I cut the flower designs out from some more Cosmo Cricket paper and placed them around a circle, Pearls also make fantastic flowers centres
Also drag out your punches and punch out all different shapes and different sizes and used those on your layouts or cards, Scraps are also the perfect size for your cuttlebugs too, layer up your diecuts like butterflies and you will have a unique and interesting embellishment on your layout.

I hope those tips will help you to use up your scraps.

Now don't forget to enter the current competition, all of the information is in the below post, you have a week to get your Layouts up in the gallery to go in the draw for a $25 voucher to spend in the shop, wouldn't that be nice.....

Stay tuned also because this month we will have the return of another cyber crop!! I am cant wait, it will be so much fun, and I will remember to keep the drink well away from the computer!

Till next time thanks for popping by,

Anthea

No comments: