Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Creating your own pattern paper..........

Hi everyone!!
What a beautiful time of year this is....I love spring & all it brings!!

so......I thought I would go with the whole spring theme and show you how I like to create my own pattern paper!!

Materials:

Versamark ink pad


Light coloured card stock found here

Stamp sets are the best to use such as the Kaiser brand type I used as they are all coordinating.
This is really easy, quick & looks fantastic as the versamark leaves a watermark type effect on your card.
Choose the design you wish to achieve...load your stamps with versamark ......and stamp away ....its that easy........
Don't be too worried if you make a mistake because you can always stamp on a separate piece of card cut around the stamped image and paste it for a 3d layered effect!!...this can also be done in different coloured inks for a layered effect!!

Here is my sample

Once you have achieved the desired effect you just design your lo and here is my finished sample

There are no hard or fast rules with this technique you create your paper as you wish as much or as little as you like!!...hope some of you may wish to create your own pattern paper & I cant wait to see your own pp layouts in the gallery!!

Have fun & happy scrapping

Kylie x









2 comments:

Sheree Milne said...

thats a great idea kylie... loved your finished page... i might have to give this ago myself i think

thanks for sharing

Sheree

Kim said...

ill have to give this a go, your layout looks beautiful